Transform the lives of tens, hundreds, thousands of people…
… from stories of isolation, poverty, disease, and desperation… to stories of self-sufficiency, power, and hope… by putting a human face on their plight… and by empowering caring individuals to contribute in small ways… one dollar, one goat, one pencil, one book at a time… create opportunity, hope, and self-determination where they are currently in short supply.
- Help people do more than survive. Give them the chance to dream and thrive and to become leaders and resources themselves.
- Send the message to those we are serving, especially to the children, that they are loved and valued.
- Move the conversation about the plight of those less fortunate from the abstract macro-scale to the concrete micro-scale.
- Build bridges of understanding and trust across ethnic, religious, socio-economic, and national boundaries.
- Cultivate a passionate learning and service community comprised of caring and creative individuals who are free to self-organize and act without sanction or bureaucratic constraint.
- Overcome feelings of powerlessness in the face of seemingly intractable problems in the developing world, by making it fun and easy for caring individuals to contribute.
- Serve as a living model for what is possible when small groups of caring people freely associate and pool their energies and resources for the common good.
Anything that creates opportunity to live a hopeful and fulfilling life is on the table:
- Basic Needs (safe drinking water, food security, health care)
- Education (from basic literacy through university studies)
- Economic Development (self-sufficiency beyond subsistence farming)
- Utilities (energy, lights, communications)
- Enrichment Programs (art, dance, music, photography, video production)